Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Recapping

I had a wonderful Father's Day. (First of all I found out that I won the Lutheran Public Radio Bundle Pack- new tee shirt, travel mug, bumper sticker and pen!)

Following a great worship service, we took the family to our pool- Persimmon Creek- along with Amanda's dad and his wife. The weather was hot, so the pool was great. All three of the kids got in the big pool with their various floaties and Jacob and Matthew both liked jumping in. When we went back to the kiddie pool, Jacob spent a lot of time going under water and holding his breath and trying to swim. He's really getting comfortable in the water. We had purchased some toypedos at WalMart and both boys liked throwing them in the water and watching them do their thing.

We brought dinner along, which consisted of pork loin, potato salad, and cheesy spinach treats (which are sort of like mini quiches). I got to grill the pork loin, which had been marinating for over a day and it turned out great. It was very nice and relaxing.

God has blessed me with the opportunity to be a father, has blessed me with a woman of integrity to be my wife and the mother of my children, has blessed me with the opportunity to serve Him and His people at church. Wow.

What a wonderful day, finished with McFlurries after the kids went to bed.

No comments: