Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apparently...

the NBA season has started. I am familiar with all the goings-on over the summer. And I really could care less. I haven't watched an NBA game for at least 7 years. It's just not appealing to me.

I 'follow' (a word loosely used) the NBA because I listen to ESPN Radio throughout the day when I'm done listening to Issues, Etc. So I know that the Lakers are defending champs, that John Wall is going to lead the Wizards to mediocrity (which is a remarkable thing.)

But I don't watch the NBA. If I turn on ESPN at night and a game is on, I turn the channel. It's just not appealing to me.

I don't have the time to invest in the NBA. Just like baseball, I don't have the time to sit and watch a game. The regular season is too long. The games are filled with mediocre players.

Both baseball and basketball need to whack a few teams. Contract and get rid of the mediocre players. Then the quality of the game will get better, the product will be more compelling, and I might come back.

No comments: