Thursday, December 16, 2010

Latin lessons

On the way home from church Wednesday night, Jacob said that he and Matthew and Mommy were talking about heaven and angels that morning. Jacob asked me what angels were made out of. I told him that God created them out of nothing. He said, "Out of nothing!" And I said, "Yeah, God created them ex nihilo."

I taught him a Latin phrase and he repeated it several times and said, "Teach me another aladdin phrase." (I said it was Latin.)

So I thought of another one to teach him that would be easy to memorize and significant. The phrase was simul justus et peccator. He did a nice job repeating it and understanding it.

This morning I taught him the invocation and the kyrie.

Interesting.

2 comments:

PrDLH said...

That's cool. I can't wait til Sarah is old enough to start the Latin and German! ;-)

Unknown said...

Good story! My 7 yr old and I take turns reading through the Small Catechism. When we turned to The Office of the Keys and Confession, she said,"I didn't know Jesus had an office!" :D