Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Week doings

I had a wonderful Labor Day holiday. Hosted my brother and his family and my parents and we spent some time at Millburn Orchards and at Longwood Gardens. On Sunday we closed down our pool (Persimmon Creek) and said goodbye to the family- happy when they came and happy when they went back to VA.

On Tuesday the family and I went to Dover. I had our circuit conference meeting and Amanda and the other pastors wives got together for a conversation. Following lunch we went to the Air Mobility Command museum. The kids enjoyed seeing the planes and learning about the Candy Bomber (Gail Halvorsen) who dropped Hershey Bars on the citizens of West Berlin.

On Wednesday I taught Jacob about the #10 and we went to the Y to get our family membership. Today I went to the gym at 5:30 and worked out for the first time in a long time before coming to church. It felt good. We'll see how I feel Friday morning!

Being away for so long has made Labor Day seem like Labor Week. But it has compacted the days meaning I have things to do, yet here I am blogging. Go figure.

No comments: